Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Colourful, Cheerful Home



In my last post, I told you to expect some stalling..... the X part of my alphabet has me somewhat stumped! If I wait long enough, I could do X for Xmas as one reader suggested! In the meanwhile, while I patiently wait for inspiration to strike, I have a lovely house to show you.



Based in Marbella, the house is owned by a Swedish couple, and is an interesting combination of serene Nordic whites mixed with the more colourful hues of Spain, with a French influence thrown into the mix.


I am usually a fan of neutrals, but as we are entering spring here in South Africa, and our gardens are coming to life again, a colourful palette seems appropriate at this time of year. The colour is cleverly added through the scatter cushions and other accessories and could easily be changed. I particularly love the pair of mirrors behind the sofa.


The solid table with its carved pedestal is a nice contrast to the elegant Gustavian chairs. The beautiful beams in limewashed grey give the room a light and airy feel.


The all white kitchen adds a Scandinavian touch to the home and is softened with touches of wood and wicker.




The bedrooms are more subdued. This one has dark grey walls providing a welcome respite from the bright Mediterranean light. I really love these curtains!



This would be a lovely spot for a cup of tea and a good book.

Wishing you a happy week and feel free to send your suggestions for X. (Thanks for those I've already received!). 

Till next time
Sharon x

Images via El Meuble



Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: