Sunday, May 22, 2016

Borrowing from the Past - Barn Doors




It's been a while since I last blogged. For some reason I struggled to find anything to inspire a post. I even contemplated giving up entirely on my blog. Do other bloggers go through that?  I just had to remind myself how much pleasure it's given me over the 5 plus years I've been at it and I feel I must just soldier on through the inspirational drought and hopefully the rains will come again. 

Speaking of rain, we really need some here in Cape Town, but I must say, I've really been enjoying these beautiful balmy autumn days that we've been having. 

 So, onto today's post on barn doors. I really like the rustic, industrial feel they lend to an interior and they seem to work well in both traditional and more contemporary settings. .Here are some pictures I thought you might enjoy.


Traditional Home Office with Built-in bookshelf, Barn door, Hanging rustic door, Chandelier, Hardwood floors, Crown molding:


Barn Doors are big in decorating right now. I love them! They hang on the outside of a door and slide on a track.:

They are a practical solution for large openings between rooms that could be problematic for traditional doors. 


Joanna Stevens Gaines @joannagaines It was a downpour...Instagram photo | Websta (Webstagram):


They are also very useful for covering areas that one doesn't always want on display. 


Here they are cleverly used to hide an outside barbeque area ...


.... a laundry area, above and a few pantries, below.

Spacious and organized pantry area with an appealing sliding door that adds character to the entire space.:



They can also be used between a bedroom and en-suite bathroom....



....and ingeniously, to hide the TV when not in use.

 Open the barn doors for an entertainment center and close them for a book shelf - genius! #cottage #rustic:



Thanks for your patience and hopefully my blogging mojo will return and you will hear from me again shortly!.

Till next time

Sharon x



Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: