Monday, October 17, 2016

The relaxed, vintage inspired home of an artist

Why, hello there! I hope you had a wonderful weekend?! While photographing (some beeeeautiful) homes for my book a few weeks back it struck me that they were almost entirely filled with one-off pieces - picked up on travels or found in flea markets, which made the spaces truly special.  I stumbled across this lovely creative home on Apartment Therapy captured by Natalie Jeffcott the other day and it too, is filled with a unique array of treasures, all of which come together simply because the owners Ben and artist Heidi Yardley love them. Situated in a converted stable at the end of a quiet cobbled lane in North Melbourne (what is it with me and Australian homes right now - did you see last week's posts?!), Ben and Heidi's house has been filled with vintage and second hand finds, for a lovely relaxed, bohemian vibe which is as personal as it is fascinating. 













Photography by Natalie Jeffcott / Apartment Therapy.

Every time I look through the pictures I spot something new. Did you see the arm for example (it makes sense when you look through Heidi's portfolio)?! And of course their very handsome cat Nico!

I love the colour scheme in the bedroom... so inspiring!

It's these elements of surprises which make the home so fascinating, don't you think?

Get the look: pick up a mid-century credenza here, macrame plant holder, this is a great source for vintage easels. Vintage tin boxes.  Heidi's art. I love the round chair in the bedroom but haven't found anything like it - any tips?

More beautiful artists' home to feel inspired by: a beautiful Copenhagen home in a former sculpter's atelier, an artist's home and studio in Stockholm, a Swedish artist's home in a former school.

Have a great start to the week!

PS Don't forget my talented friend Maria is offering 15% discount off her fabulous designs in her shop until the end of October. To redeem simply enter 15RABATTSCANDI at check-out - I've already picked myself up the Little Darling lamp love it! (ships everywhere in Europe). 
Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: