Monday, November 21, 2016

The art of Zen (and keeping it simple) in a Swedish home

When it comes to decorating your own home it can sometimes feel like such a tricky puzzle, can't it? There are parts of my house I've been mulling over for months (maybe even years) without finding the solution (admittedly I'm a bit of a procrastinator!). But when I see beautiful, white homes like this a sort of light bulb comes on and it reminds me that it doesn't have to be complicated. A simple colour scheme, some beautiful pieces, an unusual light fixture and some carefully placed pictures. How inspiring (and relaxing!), don't you think?










Credits: photos - Jonas Berg,  styling - Greydeco for Stadshem (for sale here).

It reminds me just how much I love white. It makes a space so much brighter, especially in the winter when the sun never really gets high above the horizon.

A few items I know and love: dining area - this and this style bentwood chair (source lovely vintage ones here), can anyone advise on the lighting over the table? Sitting room - Söderhamn sofa from IKEA, moroccan pouf, Slit mirrored side table by Hay. Office - &tradition mass light. Bedroom: Menu light.

Mind if we dream over a few more white homes today? Like this serene home of a designer (that courtyard?),  this Malmö apartment (probably one if the most pinned of all time), and The White Room (from a few weeks back). *sigh* and relax.

I've learned one of the most important things about decorating with white is texture. I spotted these amazing macarame wall hanging specimens the other day and thinking of getting a large one for my stairway (what do you think?) and of course there's always Gotland sheepskins (especially after yesterday's Swedish island retreat!). And a digression I admit, but just how cute are these Danish baby's sheepskin booties?! Perfect little pressie, hope my little niece isn't reading! 

Have a lovely day!
Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: