Monday, November 7, 2016

'The White Room' - a studio with beautiful one-off vintage pieces

They say that part of the enjoyment of holidays is in the planning. To some extent that's true - but I have to say I've been known to spend hours searching for accommodation that's just right (do you?!). But when you strike upon that perfect place, a real home from home, the anticipation is wonderful! And that's exactly why I was so excited to discover this gem in North Fitzroy, Melbourne (a friend of mine told me I was pronouncing the name all wrong and it should be 'Melben not 'Melboooooourne'!). Anyhooo, The White Room is a simply stunning studio, which as the name suggests, is indeed white and interior designer Lynda Gardner's signature style shines through with a divine mixed of one-off vintage pieces, industrial lighting and layers of pure french linen and handmade sheets. Let's take a tour of this wonderful sanctuary, beautifully captured by Lisa Cohen...









Credit: photography Lisa Cohen / interior design Lynda GardenerThe White Room. With kind permission.

The funny thing is, as much as I'd love to have a trip to Australia planned, I don't! But the key thing is, when I do, the hours of accommodation searching is out of the way - I just need to decide whether to stay here or at one of Lynda's other places I've featured - The Apartment in St Kilda or The Estate Trentham.

Hmmmmm. Tricky!

Could you imagine staying in this lovely studio?

Get the look from The White Room: kitchen - industrial style trolley / cart, glass fronted cabinet, knitted pouf (absolutely love this!), jute rug. Source vintage industrial lighting here. Bedroom: beautiful charcoal grey duvet cover and pillow case and white linen summer blanket, this leather club chair is similar.

Have a wonderful start to the week!
Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: